Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monday, 7-13-09 Day 27

Uh! NO sleep last night! So, I was up early again today. HOWEVER… I made sure that THIS TIME… I would make sure that the FLAME was on to heat up the water for the coffee, not just the gas!!! HAHA! I have mastered the camp stove! After coffee, Jan and I were cleaning up the table full of junk in our tent. I spotted this weird looking shadow toward the top of our tent. I thought it was a stick bug, and poked it to see if it would move. It didn’t. Jan was looking at me funny, so I told her about my stick bug theory and we decided to go check it out. We walk outside of our tent, and what do we see??? A STICK BUG!!!! It was so cool! We took pictures then started hitting the tent to make the stick bug move. I found out today that a stick bug curls its tail up like a scorpion if it starts to feel threatened. How cool!
We went to the internet café in Bungoma while Titus was getting the van fixed. Getting the van fixed took 5 hours!!! After a while at the café, the team walked back to the office. We all just chilled out and tried finding things to do. I charged my Ipod and took funny pics of everyone with Jan’s camera. Titus was still MIA (Missing in Africa! Haha!) & we were all hungry, so we walked to coffee garden for lunch. You know, we were supposed to be traveling to Lorende today. (Lorendi? I’m not sure on the spelling.) Since the van is still not fixed, we can’t go. We only have a couple hours of daylight left, and a trip to Lorendi usually takes up 6 hours of the day. After a leisurely lunch, we walked back down to the internet café to play there a little bit more. It was nice to have some time to write longer. Titus finally found us (his phone was at the office to charge, so we couldn’t reach him). Protus seemed a little upset that we couldn’t make it to Lorende. On the way back home, we picked up the shirts that Jan and Mark had custom ordered. We did some shopping at Shariff’s and at the local market.
After we went back home, I spent another few hours enjoying tea with Judith! I’m still tired from my lack of sleep last night.
I helped out with our dinner… egg salad sandwiches.
God put on a magnificent thunder and lightning show tonight! Even better was the hazy, colorful sunset that appeared after the storm had passed. It was so awesome!

No comments: