Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tuesday, 7-14-09 day 28

We go to Kitale today! I started off the morning with toast for breakfast and Jim mocking my coffee. I guess mere teaspoons of this instant coffee is good enough for the general public. Unlike the general public, I like strong coffee, and was adding tablespoons of this ridiculous instant stuff.
We drove to Bungoma first, where we went to the internet cafĂ© and dropped off Jim at the office. We drove to Kitale and got to visit the other Holy Cow! We took Titus’ wife shopping for her family, but ended up shopping for the orphanage instead. Once we discovered the shopping mix up, we went to a local Shariff’s and went shopping for Titus’ kids and wife. While shopping, I found this really cute pirate-style jacked that I thought was super cool! It turned out to be about 11 american dollars, so I bought it. We at lunch at Titus’ sisters’ house, where we were served chapatti, rice, spaghetti, chicken, beef, cabbage, and what resembled shortbread cookies. After lunch Jan and I took pics of these really cool flowers that grew outside of the house. We said our goodbyes and left for Bungoma, to pick up Jim from the office. When we got back home to Kimikingi, Judith and I sat in the living room with our tea and talked about our days. I love spending time with her! Our dinner tonight was made mostly by Mark- Chicken with gravy, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers. We broke up 2 chocolate bars to share for dessert. Dishes are done, and now I’m off to bed!

No comments: