Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, 7-20-09 Day 34

I’ve got a long day ahead of me. Breakfast this morning is toast and coffee! Let’s see… I did some laundry today (my team laughs at me when I do this.) We went to town… I ended up breaking one of Judith’s cups. I feel so terrible about this! She thought it was funny and tells me not to worry. She doesn’t know that I’ll be buying her more cups.
We went to town today, paid a visit to the internet café, and went shopping at Shariff’s. We went to the office so Jim and Jan could get some stuff done. The rest of us watched Spy Game. It is such a good movie!
Anna had washed the laundry for the rest of the team, and it was still wet and hanging outside. (They don’t have washers and dryers here, remember? All clothes lines.) We packed up our bags for tomorrow, and I took the opportunity to go through everything I packed and get rid of all the trash that was sitting around my bag. Jan and I made sure that anything of importance was either on our persons or locked in our suitcases. (Some of the guys decided not to lock their bags earlier this trip… then were upset to find that people had gone through their stuff. Silly boys!)
We got to play with the calf a little bit today. Have you ever tried to pet a baby calf when the mom is right there, loosly tied to a flimsy tree, growling at you? She also had horns. I felt like I was testing death, it was a pretty exhilarating experience. Ha! Protus thought it was funny, and tried telling me that the flimsy would keep the mama cow from charging at me. No way, my friend!
WE went to the Coffee Garden again today. They must love it when we mission here.
Camp is seemingly ready to go… we leave tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM for Masai Mara. Yay! That means I have to get up at 4:30. Not so yay…
I talked with Protus and Judith over tea, and went up on the rock to pray. I’ve been doing that a lot, it seems. I’m pretty sure that this rock is my favorite place in all of Kenya. Dinner was Marks famous (in Kenya) chicken with potatoes, onions, and carrots. We had some delicious pineapple for dessert!
Hmm. At Shariff’s today, I found some Rum flavored chocolate. It will be interesting to try that, for sure!

No comments: