Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Day 10: Hit the Beach!





























Today was Amazing! We got up and ready by 8:30, grabbed some snacks, and hit the beach! but not just any beach- a private beach comlplete with cabanas and jet ski rentals, banana boat rides, hammocks, slightly cloudy skies, good waves, and white sands- it was so beautiful! we got there about 10:00 and didn't leave until about 5:30.
I slept in the hamock which the ocean came in and out of tide, and I could feel and hear the sounds of the wind through the palm trees. It's an experience I could have only dreamed of! Now i get to live it in real life! Had chicken nuggets and fries for lunch at a sea food shack that was right on the sand. we got home, took showers, I rinsed the sand out of my bathing suit (got a lot in there after collecting sea shells! we had to dive under the water to get the good ones!) and got ready for dinner. I wore my new skirt/shirt outfit that I picked up yesterday, and we went back to the mall for dinner. The only place open was the Hard Rock! It was fun to watch Ugo dance to the rock music. we danced while we ate (danced in our seats!). It was fun! I'm all tan, now, too. That's nice. Evidence of my tropical getaway :)

When coming back to the hotel after the beach, our bus was stopped at a light and there is this man hopping on one leg across the street. Amanda stops the "hot seat" (where we all compliment someone) to say "that guy's retarded, he's hopping across the street on one leg!" and Jesse Chriswell says, "He only HAS one leg!"
I think amanda has been embarrassed by this story ever since!

**side note:
On the beach today, while walking along, marcus and ugo and I found a dead pelican. It was creepy, and we tried to get a closer look at it, and some guy yelled at us in spanish when we got too close to it. It was highly amusing :)

No comments: