Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Day 11: Coming Home!




Yay! I come home today!




we ate breakfast (speaking proper english, now. ate breakfast. not did breakfast or had breakfast, according to Ugo and Chris.) and finished debriefing and Hot Seat. I woke up at 6:30 this morning and wasn't able to go back to sleep! (whether this is good or bad- i don't know!)


I jumpes on Ana and Laura to wake them up at 7:30. Needless to say, they were not the slightest bit pleased with me.




I found out from Ugo and Chris that i need Lotramine because I have this funal thing on my arm. it actually went away on it's own, so i'm not worried.


We're also taking albendazole to prevent worms. Wonderful -_-


Not to mention, I still have another 4 weeks of malaria pills. (Mefloquine, of course!)




On the way back from the airport, we picked up another group of cornerstoners that had traveled to different countries to help out women in guatamala and stuff. That was awesome because Jana was on that trip, and she is a good friend of mine.




Now we are at the airport. It's actually quite boring just sitting here, writing random things in this notebook. I go through another security checkpoint (not while writing this at the same time, of course!) and i'm on the plane, eating gross chicken sandwiches.


I've slept almost the entire flight. Not slept well, just... heavily resting. It's been pretty quiet.
We're descending now into the Houston airport, now.


It was pretty cool flying over the gulf of mexico. I'll also be sure to take pics of houston from teh air because it's gorgeous! soo green! There is some sad news... the doctors need to stay here in houston. It turns out that when we bought the tickets, the doctors' flights were at 8:00 inthe morning, and ours were around 1. Why we weren't on the same flight, i have no idea, but we got them about another plane now. So, they have to stay here in houston until another flight comes. Ugo couldn't come to say good bye, (the airport security wouldn't allow him to because he didn't have a valid ticket to get to the other side of security), but they let Chris through for a short amount of time. He used the recording option on his camera and recorded Ugo saying goodbye to everyone, so we got to see everything that way. We all recorded messages to him, as well. I'm really going to miss them. They were so cool! Chris was funny, and Ugo was like wild fire.






I'm really excited to see my family. It's unnatural to have not talked to them for this long. When i got my letters half way through the trip, it took everything within me not to cry. I missed them so much! i can't wait to see everyone, i'm so excited! I have plenty of gifts for everyone, thanks to my selected shopping excursions!




I think the most exciting momento that i have to bring back is the Basket. It's handmade and gorgeous! it's exactly what i was hoping to bring back from this trip.


I'm also excited about showing everyone the tatoos (henna, of course) done by the chiefs wife. How do you think they'll react?






That's all for now, i suppose.




No comments: