Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Monday, 7027-09 Day 41

Today has been hard. I woke up late- breakfast was almost ready by the time I climbed out of my tent cot. The eggs and coffee were a great start to a busy morning- and lunch of samosas, fries, and coke made my day better.
Today is the day that we pack our bags. Jan and I went through the childrens ministry bags and the kitchen stuff that was being stored away in our tent. We each went through our own bags to reorganize them for the trip home. Our laundry was all pulled of the line, wet or dry. The kitchen shed was re-organized. We took an inventory of what we had, so that we could form a list of whatever’s needed for the next trip. (I plan on coming back to the next trip.)
We went to town, where we got a break at the internet café, and lunch. We continued to clean and pack anything that was at the office, and we took inventory of the things that were there.
We had some down time so we watched movies. I wasn’t concentrating on the TV so much as I was concentrating on the situation. Today has been a very emotionally challenging day. I want to go home so badly so that I can see my family. I miss them so much! At the same time, I want to stay here. I’m home here, and I’m going to miss it terribly. I want to stay. Ideally, I would go home for 2 or 3 weeks to see my family, and come right back here to Kenya.
When we went home, I went to Judith’s house to have tea with her. She is a very dear friend of mine, and I will miss her so much! Today has just been melancholy.

No comments: